Pizza is a savoury dish of Italian origin usually consist of a round, flattened base of leavened wheat-based dough topped with tomatoes cheese often paired with other ingredients such as mushroom, olive, meat, onion, and different kind of veggies. February 9th is observed as World’s Pizza Day celebrated enthusiastically by pizza lovers across the globe.
Types of Pizza:
This is the most commonly asked question and the answer to this question is still a mystery as there are thousands of pizza types offered by pizza stores. Pizzas are classified as Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian according to the toppings used and they are named accordingly like pepperoni pizza, cheese burst, chicken denominator, and the list goes on.
Different Types of Pizza (based on their preparation techniques):
- Brick oven pizza -The wood-fired brick oven is a traditional method used to make pizza that gives it a smoky flavor. This pizza type is cooked at high temperatures and retains heat for a longer duration resulting in crispier toppings.
- Regular oven pizza – It is a method widely used at home for cooking pizza at lower temperatures.
Varieties of Pizza Depending on their Crust:
The bottom of the pizza is called crust which varies widely according to style. It can be thin as in typical hand-tossed Neapolitan pizza or thick as in deep dish Chicago style. Presenting you interesting facts to devour upon about the top 10 types of pizza in India:
- Neapolitan pizza – It is traditionally topped with fresh tomatoes, olive oil, and minimal mozzarella. A single-serving 12-inch pie, cooked in wood-fired ovens at 800-900 °F eaten with a fork and knife.
- Chicago style – Prepared as the thick classic deep-dish pizza!It has thin-medium crust containing cornmeal and semolina. Baked in greased round pans with tall sides. Toppings assembled upside-down from their usual order.
- New York-style – Large foldable slices with crispy outer crust and traditional toppings of tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. It is a variation of Neapolitan style pizza. It’s unique flavor is due to the presence of minerals in New York’s tap water.
- California style – A single serving thin-crust pizza! Popular due to its non-traditional, creative toppings, like chicken, eggs, artichokes, salmon, feta, or goat cheese. Also known as Gourmet pizza.
- Detroit style – Traditionally baked in square automotive parts pan in the 1940’s. First topped with pepperoni followed by brick and mozzarella cheese which is spread very edges to the pan, yielding a caramelized cheese perimeter. The sauce is spooned over the cheese. The extra crispy crust is tender and airy on the inside.
- Greek – It is heavier on the sauce. Thick and chewy crust. Mayo may not feature a variety of Greek toppings. Cheese is usually a mix of mozzarella and cheddar or provolone.
- Sicilian – Brought to America by Sicilian immigrants, and became popular after World War II. Thick square-cut pizza with a pillowy dough and tomato sauce. Served with or without cheese, sometimes with the cheese is underneath the sauce. Often topped with bits of tomatoes, onions, anchovies, and herbs.
- St. Louis – Thin, cracker-like crust; made without yeast. Usually cut into 3-4 rectangles; known as “party cut” or “tavern cut”. Its firm crust can support several toppings of your choice.
- Tomato pie – Thick focaccia-like bread covered in tomato sauce, cut into squares and served at room temperature, usually baked and served without toppings.
- Quad cities – A sweet, thin-crust consisting of malt and molasses. Tomato sauce contains both red chili flakes and ground cayenne. Typically features a fennel-flecked Italian sausage topped with mozzarella cheese usually cut into strips.
Amazing Pizza Facts Worldwide:
- Saturday is the most popular night for eating pizza.
- Women are likely to order vegetarian as opposed to men.
- Thin crust pizza is the most popular form of crust worldwide.
- About 5 billion pizzas are sold worldwide each year.
- 36% of all pizzas are topped with pepperoni.
- Americans eat approximately 100 acres of pizza each day, 350 slices per second.
- The longest pizza in the world was made – of course – in Italy in 2015. It was nearly 1600 meters long and about 5 tons in weight!
How to Order Pizza Online?
What’s better than having a bite of crispy pizza whenever you crave for it? Having it in the comfort of your own home with the loved ones is a big treat.
Whether it’s a treat for your promotion, a kid topping his class, or winning the heart of your wife who is too tired to cook after a long day at work! A cheesy slice of the best pizza is all one needs to put things into perspective and start any celebration.
Plus, you do not even need to rush to the restaurant to have one . Just a call or a few clicks on the mobile screen. This is all you have to do to have that tempting, light-on-the-pocket pizza at your doorstep.
People frequently search for pizza near me on the internet to access the nearest Pizzeria. Pizza stores can be easily tracked to navigation apps like Google Maps or “Maps”. Their indigenous website or mobile application will assist you in landing at your nearest pizza store.
Hostels and Pizzas: Friends with Benefit
A popular food delivery channel recently posted a video where a pizza boy had to adopt various action-packed stunts and tactics to deliver pizza in a boys hostel. It shows how hostel students crave for this popular snack. Hostels are like a home away from home where students or even professionals spend their time in studying or relaxing after a hard day at work. Life at hostel is different from home.
Hostels are notorious for their food quality everywhere. Hostelers are always hungry! Pizza is the most palatable, convenient, and affordable dish which they love to savor with their friends in the hostel. As they say in Naples, Italy where the modern pizza was discovered “Anytime is pizza time”.